Among the best server-side scripting languages, PHP is by far the most extensively used languages that has several benefits working in its favor. It has distinct features like easy scalability, upgraded security, a friendly Ecommerce platform and...
Among the best server-side scripting languages, PHP is by far the most extensively used languages that has several benefits working in its favor. It has distinct features like easy scalability, upgraded security, a friendly Ecommerce platform and rich features with a great turn around time.
In very little time PHP has become quite popular with enterprises and developers with more than 2.1 million web servers which have installed PHP and a close to 378 million web applications running on it.
PHP comes with many frameworks under its belt, but Codeigniter has captured the mind share of developers due to its features and the benefits that come with it.
What is Codeigniter framework?
Codeigniter is a free, open-source and object-oriented PHP framework which endows with a ready-to-use library. It is certainly one of the most popular MVC frameworks that provides out of the box libraries to connect to the database.
It is also a lightweight framework with small footprints. It can be installed just by uploading it directly to your hosting. There is no requirement for giving any unique command line or updating with any software installation. Once you upload the files you are ready to go.
Key reasons to choose Codeigniter for web application-
Most PHP frameworks have the in-built mechanism of counteract changing dynamicity of businesses and their applications. But, Codeigniter development framework, is considered in the mainstream because of several advantages its offers.
1. Configuration: Codeigniter is an MVC framework that has no complications when it comes to configuration. You first have to install the framework based on the configuration of your system in config.php library while programming. You then have to open the entire set of rows and then save it. The database doesn’t have to be written everything because it is a one-time do affair.
2. Easy coding: The best part about PHP is that its frameworks comes with the benefit of less ambiguous coding. You need not throw third party libraries always for a new project because they come with a default configuration and structure.
3. Implementation is faster: The framework has easily one of the fastest execution times. Codeigniter has better time-frame for execution and a fast response time compared to its peers. Implementation of the framework also is speedier relatively.
4. Superior Data classification: A Codeigniter application development company do not want to use any framework because it comes with numerous files applications with sub-folders like controller, config, model, view and many more. It aids developers to enforce the taken web development projects in a better manner because data comes under unique file organization model.
5. Secure frameworks: The security function presents a great benefit for using codeigniter for web development. PHP comes with the benefit of several in-built functionalities for input and output filtering.
6. Fewer Codes, more results: Codeigniter is synonymous with rapid code development which it turn gives rise to rapid web development. There is no requirement of 3’rd party libraries and provides businesses with a great opportunity to ensure they hire the right codeigniter development company to fulfill their needs.
*7. Error-free documentation: *The documents here are 10 times smarter than any other system because this framework comes with a clear-cut documentation flow which will help users think along different lines that may prove essential for the web development project.
*8. Easier to manage errors: *Another reason why codeigniter is increasingly becoming a preferred framework is because of their ability to smartly manage errors. The errors are handled swiftly by developers. Once the developers type in the code, the error automatically displays almost instantly. The best part about it is that these errors are almost automatically dealt with without the need to deal with them later.
9. Integration with Database: By default Codeigniter gives reliable databases with MySQL or PostgreSQL. But, it does not come with a composer in nature hence 3’rd party libraries like MOngo have to copy the files to test. The Codeigniter has less support for database but it comes with its own ORM tool.
*10. Great testing facilities: *This is surely a stand-out feature and very useful in this arena of frameworks. The benefit makes developers happy because they are able to evaluate the performance rate and also establish the most favorable approach for furthering their project.
11. Solid structure: Being set on the MVC framework, codeigniter is easy to handle and is a data-handle with multiple functionalities like insert, retrieve and reframing the database information. It also has in its case, data logic, structures and other important functionalities.
12. Suitable template options: Codeigniter has several pre-determine template solutions to promote a better understanding of the development process at all stages.
Codeigniter development has several benefits in its kitty which is why it has gained immense acceptability among developers and testers.It comes with many benefits like homogeneity, compatibility, a great cluster of libraries, or no restrictive coding rules. A competent codeigniter development company can go a long way in ensuring a seamless development of your web application.