Implementing In-App Purchases in Android

Implementing In-App Purchases in Android

Boost the sales of your freemium apps

In-app purchases are amazing to implement in your applications. They allow you to make your app freemium, which has been demonstrated as the most effective strategy to make the users want to pay for your app.

Unfortunately, implementing in-app purchases in Android requires a discrete amount of work. And the documentation, as always, is not that simple to understand. This is where the android-inapp-billing-v3 comes into the scene.

To follow this article, you need to have a developer account and access to the Google Play Console.

This Library uses version 2.0.1 of the Google Play Billing Library. If this library will not be updated you won’t be able to use it after November 1, 2021.

Repository

mattiaferigutti/In-App-Purchases-Usage-Sample

Google Play Transaction Fees To the Developer

The transaction fee for all purchases in Google Play (apps and in-app purchases) is 30% of the customer's price. In other words, developers get 70% of the payment and the remaining 30% goes to the distribution partner and operating fees. See more about transaction fees here.

Image of merchant fees.

Step 1.

Implement the library in the build.gradle (you can check the current version here):

repositories {
  mavenCentral()
}
dependencies {
  implementation 'com.anjlab.android.iab.v3:library:1.0.44'
}

Open your manifest and add this permission at the top:

 <uses-permission android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" />

kotlin android mobile

What is Geek Coin

What is GeekCash, Geek Token

Best Visual Studio Code Themes of 2021

Bootstrap 5 Tutorial - Bootstrap 5 Crash Course for Beginners

Nest.JS Tutorial for Beginners

Hello Vue 3: A First Look at Vue 3 and the Composition API

How to Develop an Android App with Kotlin?

AppClues Infotech is a top Mobile App Development Company in USA building high-quality Android, iOS, and Native apps for Startups, SMBs, & Enterprises. Contact us now!

Top Kotlin Android App Development Company in USA

AppClues Infotech is a top Mobile App Development Company in USA building high-quality Android, iOS, and Native apps for Startups, SMBs, & Enterprises. Contact us now!

Top Android Projects with Source Code

Android projects with source code - Work on real-time android projects. We’ll start project ideas from beginners level and later move to advance projects.

Top-notch Kotlin App Development Company in USA

AppClues Infotech is a top Mobile App Development Company in USA building high-quality Android, iOS, and Native apps for Startups, SMBs, & Enterprises. Contact us now!

Building Dark Mode Theme in Android

Hello World, today we are going to see how we can implement a dark theme or night mode in our android application. This tutorial is going to be very simple and easy to understand. The dark theme is attractive to users and it is comfortable for low light conditions.