SQL course covering important topics of Business Intelligence for SQL Database ( PostgreSQL ) for Beginners
Why learn SQL?
- SQL is the most universal and common used database language.It powers the most commonly used database engines like PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite, and MySQL. Simply put,If you want to access databases then yes, you need to know SQL.
- It is not really difficult to learn SQL. SQL is not a programming language, it’s a query language. The primary objective where SQL was created was to give the possibility to common people get interested data from database. It is also an English like language so anyone who can use English at a basic level can write SQL query easily.
- SQL is one of the most sought-after skills by hiring employers.
How much time does it take to learn SQL?
- SQL is easy but no one can determine the learning time it takes. It totally depends on you. The method we adopted to help you learn SQL quickly starts from the basics and takes you to advanced level within hours. You can follow the same, but remember you can learn nothing without practicing it. Practice is the only way to learn SQL quickly.
What's the difference between SQL and PostgreSQL?
- SQL is a language. Specifically, the "Structured Query Language"
- PostgreSQL is one of several database systems, or RDMS (Relational Database Management System). PostgresSQL is one of several RDMS's, others of which are Oracle, Informix, MySQL, and MSQL.
- All of these RDMSs use SQL as their language. Each of them have minor variations in the "dialect" of SQL that they use, but it's all still SQL.
Which is better, PostgreSQL or MySQL?
- Both are excellent products with unique strengths, and the choice is often a matter of personal preference.
- PostgreSQL offers overall features for traditional database applications, while MySQL focuses on faster performance for Web-based applications.
- Open source development will bring more features to subsequent releases of both databases.
Who uses these databases?
- Here are a few examples of companies that use PostgreSQL: Apple, BioPharm, Etsy, IMDB, Macworld, Debian, Fujitsu, Red Hat, Sun Microsystem, Cisco, Skype.
What's special about this course?
The course is created on the basis of three pillars of learning:
- Know (Study): We have created a set of concise and comprehensive videos to teach you all the SQL related skills you will need in your professional career.
- Do (Practice): We also provide Exercises to complement the learning from the lecture video. These exercises are carefully designed to further clarify the concepts and help you with implementing the concepts on practical problems faced on-the-job.
- Review (Self feedback): Check if you have learnt the concepts by executing your code and analyzing the result set. Ask questions in the discussion board if you face any difficulty.
What you'll learn
- Knowledge of all the basic SQL commands
- Become proficient in SQL queries like SELECT, CREATE and ALTER
- Solid understanding of SQL
Thanks for reading ❤
If you liked this post, share it with all of your programming buddies!
Follow us on Facebook | Twitter
Further reading about SQL and PostgreSQL
☞ Learn Database Administration - PostgreSQL Database Administration (DBA) for Beginners
☞ How To Manage an SQL Database
☞ The Complete SQL Bootcamp
☞ An Introduction to Queries in PostgreSQL
☞ SQL Database Performance Tuning for Developers
☞ The Ultimate MySQL Bootcamp: Go from SQL Beginner to Expert
☞ Using PostgreSQL Database with Python
☞ Introduction to SQL Window Functions
☞ MySQL vs PostgreSQL - What to Choose the Right Database for Your Project