In this video we show you the Top 50 Network Administrator Interview Questions and Answers. Preparing for your interview with this list of questions and answers will astonish your interviewer, and help you get your Network Administrator job.
In this video we show you the Top 50 Network Administrator Interview Questions and Answers.
Preparing for your interview with this list of questions and answers will astonish your interviewer, and help you get your Network Administrator job.
The following are the questions that are answered in the video:
- Question #1 - What is a Firewall?
- Question #2 - Can you explain the difference between HTTP and HTTPS protocols?
- Question #3 - What is a VPN?
- Question #4 - What are two types of IP addresses and what are they used for?
- Question #5 - What is DNS?
- Question #6 - What is a default route?
- Question #7 - What is DHCP and what is it used for?
- Question #8 - What is DoS?
- Question #9 - What is Network Topology?
- Question #10 - What is a Router?
- Question #11 - What is the OSI reference model, and how many layers does it have?
- Question #12 - Let’s say a company is expanding its business to other countries. It wants all of its branches to remain connected to its corporate headquarters 24/7. Which network technology do you think they should use?
- Question #13 - What is a Proxy Server and how do they protect the computer network?
- Question #14 - What is meant by 127.0.0.1 and localhost?
- Question #15 - What is a MAC Address?
- Question #16 - What is Data Encapsulation?
- Question #17 - What is Ipconfig and Ifconfig?
- Question #18 - What is SNMP?
- Question #19 - Explain three types of networks based on their sizes?
- Question #20 - Define Round Trip Time?
- Question #21 - What is encryption and decryption?
- Question #22 - Mention two important actions performed by a Cisco switch?
- Question #23 - What is a Link?
- Question #24 - Briefly describe NAT?
- Question #25 - What is RIP?
- Question #26 - You have one 48-port switch with 3 VLANs. How many collision domains and how many broadcast domains?
- Question #27 - Draw a diagram of a network you've worked on, and please explain it to me. https://www.lucidchart.com/pages/network-diagram/how-to-draw-a-network-diagram
- Question #28 - What’s the most important thing about the OSI Model?
- Question #29 - Can you name the layers of the OSI Model?
- Question #30 - Why can’t MAC addresses be used instead of IPv4 or IPv6 for networking?
- Question #31 - Explain the difference between a VLAN and a subnet? Do you need a VLAN to setup a subnet?
- Question #32 - Mention some common HTTP status codes
- Question #33 - What is the smallest IPv4 subnet mask that can be applied to a network containing up to 30 devices?
- Question #34 - What is a packet filter and how does it work?
- Question #35 - What are the advantages of using a reverse proxy server?
- Question #36 - Can you explain the difference between a router and a gateway?
- Question #37 - What is a default gateway?
- Question #38 - Can you tell me how DNS records work?
- Question #39 - What is the number of network IDs in a Class C network?
- Question #40 - A user in your company wants to connect two computers for file sharing. Is it possible to do this without using a hub or router?
- Question #41 - Which connection provides a secure CLI session with encryption to a Cisco switch?
- Question #42 - Let’s say a user opens three browsers on his PC to access www.cisco.com to search for CCNA information. The Cisco web server sends a datagram as a reply to the request from one of the web browsers. Can you tell which information is used by the TCP/IP protocol stack on the user machine to identify which of the three web browsers should receive the reply?
- Question #43 - Where are Cisco IOS debug output messages sent by default?
- Question #44 - Let’s say a network administrator issues a ‘copy running-config startup-config’ command after making configuration changes on a Cisco switch. What would be the impact of these commands?
- Question #45 - Do you contribute to any open source projects?
- Question #46 - Tell me about the biggest mistake you've made.
- Question #47 - What technical news sources do you check daily?
- Question #48 - Tell me about an instance where your team, client, or boss disagreed with you. How did you resolve this situation?
- Question #49 - A network administrator is measuring the transfer of bits across the company backbone for a very important application. The administrator notices that the network throughput is lower than the bandwidth expected. Can you tell which factors could influence the differences in throughput?
- Question #50 - How many hosts are addressable on a network that has a mask of 255.255.255.248?