Microsoft Word is the famous application of MS Office and the user can enjoy the benefit of this application through www.office.com/setup. This application helps to create a text document, can do formatting and editing etc. In this blog, you will read how to repair Word document which is damaged. Office.com/myaccount
Method To Repair A Corrupt Word Document:1. Recover Data From Damaged Files:
- Use Third Party Tools: To recover data from damaged files, you should use Stellar Repair for Word tool which is use to handle the broken word documents for .doc, and .docx. This is easy-to-use tool which allow you to recover data and repair the word document in few clicks.
- Install Different Driver: You should open Start Menu and then click on Control Panel. After this, you should click on Hardware and Sound / View devices and printers / Add a printer. Then in the Add Printer window, you should click on Add a local printer button. At this point, you should tap on the Use an existing port and then hit on OK button. Now, from the Manufacturer list you should select Microsoft. Here, you should click on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer button and then tap on the OK button. Just use the recommended driver and then click OK. After this, you should check the Set as the default printer box and then tap on the Next button. At last, tap on the Finish button in order to end the configuration.
- Run Word using Default Settings: First, you should check Word is closed. After this, you should open Start Menu and then click on Run.Then in the Run windows, you should paste this command exe a/. At last, you should open the affected file and then your problem should be solved.
- Use Open and Repair feature of Microsoft Word: For this, first you have to open Microsoft Word. Then, you have to open the Word menu and then click on Open button. At this point, you should click on the affected document and then from the Open menu you should select Open and Repair feature. For help, the user can contact Microsoft support team via office.com/setup.
- Convert Document to Rich Text Format and Convert it back to Word: You should open the affected document. After this, you should open the Word menu from the upper left corner. Then, you have to click on Save as button and then select Rich Text Format (*.rtf). Now, you should open the Rich Text Format document but do not save it as Rich Text Format and save it as Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Open Damaged Document as a Draft: First, you have to open Microsoft Word. Then from the View tab, you have to click on Draft in the Document Views group. After this, you have to enter in Word Options and then click on Advanced. Here in the Show Document content section, you have to click to select the Use Draft font in Draft Outline views and Show Picture placeholders. Then from the General section, you have to click to clear the Update automatic links at Open. At this point, you have to click on OK button and then close Microsoft Word to complete the configuration. At last, you have to open the affected document.
- Insert Document as a File in New Document: You have to open Microsoft Word. Then, you have to open Word Menu / New / Blank document / Create. After this, from the Insert tab you have to click on the Insert Object button and then click on Text From File. At last, you have to locate the affected document and then just tap on the Insert button.