Steps to convert ecommerce store to m-commerce app. How to convert ecommerce store into m-commerce apps? Difference in ecommerce and m-commerce app.
Number of mobile users has substantially increased in the past a few years. So businesses came to know the importance of having their own mobile app for more reach and more sales. And so mobile apps entered into the business industry and ecommerce industry is not an exception. An ever increasing number of smartphone users across the globe has given rise to m-commerce or m-commerce apps. Also people have changed the shopping behavior and it is in favor of mobile devices that contributes to the growth of m-commerce. According to the survey, the global m-commerce market will grow at CAGR of 27% during 2019 to 2024.
Mobile commerce apps are so secure and handy that people trust them to use every day. Developing an app from scratch is costly for small scale business and startups online marketplaces. So they can go with the alternate approach which is to develop a mobile commerce app to use on their existing ecommerce websites. It reduces the cost of app development and also ecommerce apps derived from functional websites take less time to market. Before digging into how to convert an ecommerce store to an m-commerce app, let us see the main difference between ecommerce and m-commerce.
1. Mobility- Ecommerce is good for shopping by using desktop devices and laptops. But you can’t carry such devices everywhere. M-commerce meant for mobile devices and it allows users to perform transactions at any time and anywhere. They can use pre-installed payment apps for smooth and fast transactions.
2. Security- Security is a major worry for users who pay over the internet. These days smartphones can enable two-factor authentication, fingerprint and facial recognition to lock apps and secure your personal things. M-commerce provides dynamic functionalities to the users, better shopping experience, helps to boost sales by innovative, interactive and more personalized marketing strategies which can’t be possible in case of web applications.
3. Location Tracking- Not every desktop devices can track precise locations. M-commerce applications use GPS for tracking live locations and provide personalized recommendations to users.
1. Platform Identification- There are a lot of ecommerce platforms available to build websites available in the market from feature rich enterprise-grade content management systems like magento to WordPress plugin such as WooCommerce. When you decide to develop an app out of a website with such platforms then identifying the platform is important. The results of this identification decide the fate of course of the app development that’ll follow. For instance, the process is not simple for opencart but somehow tedious for magento.
2. Maintain Consistency Of Look And Feel- Consistency in UI of the entire app helps customers or app users to get familiar when they switch from website to app. So it is important to consider while converting your existing website into an app. You must ensure that look and feel of the mobile commerce app is the same as that of existing ecommerce website. Website and app both represents your business and a major contribution to building a brand. So it is important that both have similar appearance and performance. The colors, theme and key features should be familiar with consistent performance in mobile commerce application.
PWAs or mCommerce, with respect to the technology, here is your guide on how to convert your online eCommerce store into a mobile application.
We are leading ecommerce mobile application development company. Hire our ecommerce mobile app developer for your custom Ecommerce project at competitive rates. **Know about [Top ECommerce Mobile App Development...
Launch your ecommerce application that connects millions of buyers and sellers at a single place. Highly customizable and ready-to-launch solution. Connect with us to know more!
AppClues Infotech is the best mobile app development company in New York that offers custom mobile app development & design services for Android and iOS.
Automate your Mobile Commerce business processes with your own App. Call us for your M-Commerce App Development across iOS & Android platform.