The technology stack is the mechanism behind the smooth-running website or web app you are browsing to read this article. It constitutes both the body (code) and soul (performance) of the web apps. So, while developing a programming project, a...
The technology stack is the mechanism behind the smooth-running website or web app you are browsing to read this article. It constitutes both the body (code) and soul (performance) of the web apps. So, while developing a programming project, a significant focus is given on the tech stacks.
While there are tons of available options, only a few are ideal for a diverse range of web development projects. Whether it's an eCommerce platform, an entertainment app, a healthcare website, a social media app, or anything else, the chosen tech stack must allow convenient dedicated development to the programmer's team.
But do you know what exactly constitutes a top technology stack? Investigating it will help you analyze essential features and elements in a technology stack and how to choose your best option.
In simple as ABC, the technology stack combines all the programming languages, tools, libraries, frameworks, software, etc., necessary for the dedicated development of a smooth-running website, web app, etc. It is also referred to as Solutions Stack, Data Ecosystem, and Technology infrastructure. The Solutions/Technology stack has two major components as follows:
Front-end or Client-Side Technology Stack A web app has two main sides. One is accessible to the user and is responsible for the user interface, while the other is responsible for the user experience. The side which is accessible to the user and exploited by him/her to communicate with the app constitutes the front end. The front-end technology stack mainly consists of HTML, CSS, Java, etc.
Back-end or Server-Side Technology Stack The functioning of the app based on the user interaction is mainly the back end or server-side. It is not accessible to the user, and the technology responsible for developing it is called the back-end technology stack.
Programming languages, frameworks, libraries, servers, database management systems, etc., are the significant components of back-end tech stacks. Have a look at the infographic below to gain an idea about the trending technology stacks. Source: Statista Let us now focus on the leading technology stacks you can consider for your programming project.
1. The mean stack for modern web apps MEAN Stack is a combination of four major modules, namely MongoDB- open-source document-oriented DBMS, Express.js- a modular lightweight framework, AngularJS- a framework that facilitates rapid web development, and Node.js- to offer runtime environment for developing quick and scalable apps.
Few cons of mean stack
2. The classical LAMP stack for large scale applications LAMP is among the first open-source technology stack, and it is also composed of 4 different components. Namely, Linux- an open-source OS, Apache-cross-platform web server, MySQL- works as DBMS, and PHP- back-end scripting language. Although LAMP development requires knowledge of multiple languages, libraries, and frameworks, it is the preferred choice for large-scale web applications. Additionally, Linux offers a great deal of security and high performance to the developed web app.
Web apps developed using the LAMP technology stack run smoothly on multiple operating systems.
Few cons of the LAMP stack
Pros of using mern stack
Few Cons of using mern stack
4. Flutter for developing Cross-Platform Apps Cross-Platform apps are the latest trend in web development. They offer much more with nearly the same hard work and investment. Among noticeable benefits, developing a cross-platform app helps a business reach a greater audience with low investment.
Hence, the top technology stack list is incomplete without some outstanding cross-platform solution stack, and Flutter is an obvious choice. The developed software offers native app-like performance when the chosen Stack is Flutter.
Additionally, Flutter comes with a hot reload feature that allows the coders to look at the effects of code modifications instantly. It may sound simple but saves a lot of time otherwise wasted during app development.
Pros of using Flutter stack
Few Cons of using Flutter stack
5. The Xamarin for reaching iOS, Android, & Windows users simultaneously Xamarin is another cross-platform technology stack you can rely on for enhancing the success of your web app. It was developed by the Xamarin company and looking at its potential, the tech giant Microsoft acquired it in 2016.
A majority of the devices run on either of the three platforms (iOS, Android, and windows), making Xamarin an excellent choice for startups, entrepreneurs, SMEs, etc. Apps developed using Xamarin invests in a single language C# for coding, which facilitates smooth communication between the app's front-end and server-end.
Pros of using Xamarin stack
Few Cons of using Xamarin stack
6. The Ruby on Rails for rapid MVP development Ruby on Rails, also called Rails, is a desirable choice for rapid project completion, be it an MVP or a prototype. More than 45,000 GitHub stars' availability gives clear evidence for being considered among the top technology stacks. Facilitating rapid web development, RoR was created by David Heinemeier Hansson in the early 2000s. The notable features of RoR that set it apart from the others include DRY(Don't repeat yourself) and CoC(Convention over Configuration).
Pros of using ROR Stack RoR offers a high-security level to developed web applications as it comes with cross-site scripting, SQL injection, cross-site request forgery, etc. It has a simple learning curve. Offers a range of open-source libraries that facilitates quick web development. Guides, manual lessons, and a mature community of developers are available to investors. RoR supports multiple front-end frameworks like React, Vue, Angular, etc., for web development.
Few Cons of using ROR Stack
7. The Serverless Technology Stack to save cost Last but a desirable choice among startups, SMEs, big billion enterprises, etc., is the Serverless Technology Stack. Unlike others that are bound to suffer from some scalability issues at one point in time, the serverless technology has no such limitations. Moreover, it offers you the option to pay as you use only. The enterprise gets charged only when the app runs on the server & the app scales itself according to the number of visitors.
Pros of using Serverless Stack
Few Cons of using Serverless Stack
That was all about the top technology stack you can go for. Based on the project, you can choose one or a mix of the technology stack for web development. web development companies in India can help you choose the ideal one by weighing project compatibility and business objectives. Original source
Are you looking to hire experienced Backend Developers at a reasonable cost to boost-up your IT business? **[Hire Backend Developers India](https://hourlydeveloper.io/hire-back-end-developer/ "Hire Backend Developers India")** and accomplish...
Want to create a backend for a web or mobile app using PHP & JS frameworks? **[Hire Dedicated Backend Developers](https://hourlydeveloper.io/hire-back-end-developer/ "Hire Dedicated Backend Developers")** who offer end-to-end, robust, scalable...
This article covers A-Z about the mobile and web app development process and answers your question on how long does it take to develop/build an app.
For a developer, becoming a team leader can be a trap or open up opportunities for creating software. Two years ago, when I was a developer, ... by Oleg Sklyarov, Fullstack Developer at Skyeng company
**[Hire Backend Developer](https://www.dataeximit.com/hire-backend-developer/ "Hire Backend Developer")** from Data EximIT and get the best backend development services at the best price. For Getting More Information..!! Connect with us @...