While many of you reading this piece of the article must be knowing about front-end development, however, just to refresh, front-end development is everything about the sections of a website that the audience sees, and back-end is something more like ‘behind the scenes’ concept.
Front-end frameworks are the packages that contain the standardized, pre-written code in folders and files. They provide you a base to build on while still allowing flexibility with the final design. Typically, the front-end frameworks contain the following components:
● A grid that makes it easy to organize the design components of the website
● Defined sizing and font styles that vary based on its function
● Pre-built website elements like the side panels, navigation bars, and buttons
● Include additional parts that you probably won’t otherwise. It’s constantly decent to have the alternative to track a button or two without making any additional problem for yourself.
Since there are many of them to choose from, selecting the right and appropriate front-end framework can indeed be tricky. Like many of the developers, one may be drawn to the wildly framework popular, tried and tested options like Foundation and Bootstrap.
When you have got to decide, just consider the specific requirements that will definitely help you. You need to consider both the development team’s and user’s perspectives. These features cover development, design, maintenance and testing stages.
Great front-end frameworks are simply in every case simple to test and maintain. General updates are must have because of all the quickly changing demands of the market, version of the technologies and security dangers.
Many of the web development frameworks offer developer tools & support unit testing to ensure backward compatibility. The other major factors that cannot be missed here are the huge community support and stability, therefore, many experienced professionals will be there in the market.
To achieve the desired results, you must find the best and suitable web front-end framework that meets the general and specific requirements. These frameworks are being used by most of the trusted and reputed web development companies in India.
Depending on the specific framework you choose, there’s a lot more they are capable of as well.
Front-end frameworks let an individual hit the ground running when they are developing a new website. In order to help you in the process, I am going to enlist here top 3 Front end web development frameworks based on my research and knowledge. I have considered authentic platforms like SimilarTech for the usage statistics. Let’s look at all of them one by one in detail:
One thing that we have to remember here is that React isn’t actually a framework but a library. It is essentially used to deal with the ‘V’(view) layer in MVC model for the portable and web applications.
React may likewise be utilized to make to develop mobile application supported by both iOS and Android.
Some interesting facts:
● About 474K websites are powered by React.
● Github — 120.5k stars
Why ReactJs is on the top list of the front-end frameworks?
● Due to its high efficiency and flexibility
● As it is maintained by Facebook, there is a huge number of resources and documentation available that make the learning curve of this quite smoother than its rival-AngularJs
● Migrating from the older versions to new versions vis quite easy with ReactJs
● React has more than about 1200 contributors on GitHub which is more than any other framework/library
This framework is second on the list of top web development frameworks. It is an open source framework that is meant to streamline the UI design. Since last few years, VueJs has managed to increase its popularity which has grown leaps and bounds and has left behind its rival- AngularJs.
The main reason that Vue has gained tremendous popularity is its progressive nature that helps to adapt to the developer’s needs. It is built on the concepts from the other libraries and frameworks like react and angular & offers quite a compact and lightweight solution by incorporating all the best practices and features.
Some Facts About Vue.js
● 4k+ websites are powered by Vue
● Github — 124k stars
Why VueJs is on the top list of the front-end frameworks?
● It has an inbuilt MVC model that makes configuration simple and easy than React and Angular
● It is quite compact and lightweight than all the other frameworks
● This framework makes it easy to add transitions to the elements when they are added/removed from DOM.
Some Facts About AngularJS
● Around 340K websites on the internet are powered by the AngularJs/Angular2+ versions;
● GitHub- 44.6K stars
● It is ranked as the 3rd most popular front-end framework
Why AngularJs is on the top list of the front-end frameworks?
● Angular is the very first framework to integrate the features for the development of progressive web applications
● MVVM allows the developers on same application & data pool in isolation
● Apart from the 2-way binding, angular 2 and beyond support the 3 other types of the data-binding namely — event binding, one-way property binding, and interpolation.
What is the Back-End Framework?
A backend framework is a ready-made code that can be used to create an application with which a user can interact in a certain way and perform some actions. The primary function of these backend frameworks is to provide RESTful API services. Moreover, these frameworks have basically the function of database modification, image storage, and access authentication.
It allows you to perform data fetching and app state with the help of Redux. Also, it is a lightweight framework for static as well as server rendered applications. And it has a runtime size of just 3kb with automatic code splitting that gives faster page loads.
Next.js stats and facts
● GitHub- 38.4 K stars
● It is ranked as the 1st most popular backend framework
Express is a framework of Node.js that permits you to use various useful and powerful features without reinventing the wheel. Moreover, it helps you organize your application’s routing and utilize any templating solution with least effort.
Also, it is an essential web framework of Node.js. You can imagine express.js as a layer built on top of Node.js which helps in managing server and routes.
Express.js stats and facts
● GitHub- 44K stars
It is a cohesive development platform, a group of libraries and packages that are collaborated together in a creative manner just to make web development simpler. It uses the ideas of the previous frameworks to provide a prototype app.
Some facts about Meteor.js
● GitHub- 41.1K stars
● 20 percent of the requirements for meteor website development comes from the United States only ( Fact source )
What are the differences? Do they each have specific use contexts?