AVG antivirus is the amazing security product which scans the data of your device timely and protects it from malware and viruses. This software can be easily download and install through www.avg.com/retail. But sometimes the users encounter issues like AVG setup and update error. In this blog, you will read the solution to fix AVG Setup Error and Update Error.Solution To Fix AVG Setup Error and AVG Update Error:
1. Method to Resolve AVG Setup Error:
If the user find that the error occurs while installing AVG antivirus in their device, then they first delete the recent available AVG Antivirus product. After this, the user must download the AVG Internet Security product in their device.
Check the Digital Signature Status:
- For checking digital signature status, first you have to find the folder where the executable file of AVG.com/retail antivirus has saved.
- Then, you should right-tap on the downloaded setup file of AVG Antivirus and after this, choose Properties option from the menu.
- When the Properties option appears on your computer screen, then you need to tap on the Digital Signatures tab.
- Here, you will see the two signatures of the AVG technologies.
- At this point, you should select any one signature of your choice and then tap on the Details button.
- After this, you have to tap on the OK button to view window on the computer screen.
- Now, you have to check the digital signature status and then follow the troubleshooting directions of AVG Antivirus which appears on your computer screens and are based on the digital signature status.
- If in case, you find that ‘This digital signature is OK’ information on the computer screen, then this shows that the downloaded setup file is corrupted. So, you should delete the setup file and then re-install the tool.
- Always keep in mind that the digital signature is the valid information which occurs when the downloaded setup file is incomplete. Hence, you must delete the current setup file and then again you have to download the AVG setup file. Here, you can use the hard drive or USB drive in order to move the downloaded setup file on your PC to fix the error.
- To solve this issue, you should first check that there should be no previous installed version of AVG software available on your device. If you find any version, then you should remove it completely and then just try to update it.
- After this, you should verify that there should be enough space on your computer system to download the update file.
- Now, you should clear all the temp and cache files from your computer system and then just update it.
- You can also uninstall the AVG antivirus software by following the instructions and then again install it.
- But if in case, you are running the latest version, then you should use AVG Clear Tool for uninstalling AVG.
- After this, you should download the AVG Uninstall file to your computer and then right-click on it. From the drop down menu, you should click on Run as Administrator option.
- Here, on the UAC screen, you should click on the Yes option to grant permissions for installing.
- Now, you should open the Clear tool when you install it on your device. At this point, you should click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait for few minutes and then click on the Restart Computer button in order to restart your system.
- At the end, you should reinstall the AVG application on your device and then check the issue is solved or not.
The above mentioned method helps to resolve AVG Setup and Update Error. For technical support, the customer can anytime contact to the customer care expert of AVG Team via www.avg.com/retail.