The 1'000'000$ Question?

The 1'000'000$ Question?

A seemly trivial question goes wild. But what are the odds you know the answer? It’s paradoxical. A question that is very important and/or difficult to answer. Sometimes used ironically.

This easy little question was asked on social media and shared wildly. At first, it looks like we all know the answer, but when we take a closer look, we realize it is not that trivial.

Let us know what you think before reading the rest of the article in the comments.

Let’s go down the rabbit hole

We all know that if we have four choices, and one is correct, the probability of being right is 1/4=25%, which is correct. Since there are two 25% possibilities at A and D, we have 1/2 giving us 50% as being the correct answer. Given that now question C is right, the chance of choosing it randomly is again 1/4=25%.

Giving this beautiful circle of self-referencing, many users opted for choice B, being 0%. However, assuming this would indeed be the right answer, we again would have a 1/4=25% chance of drawing it at random.

One more circle? Let’s assume that one answer must be correct, and this leads to excluding the answer B. This would then lead us to believe that we have a chance of 1/3 of being right 33%, which is not on the board, leaving us with 0% as the correct answer…is your head making circles fast than any F1 driver?

No worries, as we can see, this is just an ill-posed problem, and indeed many answers can be seen as correct. Through the way this question has been asked, we can not be sure what method of randomness we are encountering. Can we exclude an answer? This entire thing can be seen as a so-called mathematical paradox.

education data-science life self-improvement

Bootstrap 5 Complete Course with Examples

Bootstrap 5 Tutorial - Bootstrap 5 Crash Course for Beginners

Nest.JS Tutorial for Beginners

Hello Vue 3: A First Look at Vue 3 and the Composition API

Building a simple Applications with Vue 3

Deno Crash Course: Explore Deno and Create a full REST API with Deno

How to Build a Real-time Chat App with Deno and WebSockets

Convert HTML to Markdown Online

HTML entity encoder decoder Online

How To Build A Data Science Career In 2021

In Conversation With Dr Suman Sanyal, NIIT University,he shares his insights on how universities can contribute to this highly promising sector and what aspirants can do to build a successful data science career.

'Commoditization Is The Biggest Problem In Data Science Education'

The biggest problem we face today is the commoditization of education. Individuals and corporations alike would like quality courses to be offered by the best faculty at the lowest price

What Are The Advantages and Disadvantages of Data Science?

Online Data Science Training in Noida at CETPA, best institute in India for Data Science Online Course and Certification. Call now at 9911417779 to avail 50% discount.

50 Data Science Jobs That Opened Just Last Week

Data Science and Analytics market evolves to adapt to the constantly changing economic and business environments. Our latest survey report suggests that as the overall Data Science and Analytics market evolves to adapt to the constantly changing economic and business environments, data scientists and AI practitioners should be aware of the skills and tools that the broader community is working on. A good grip in these skills will further help data science enthusiasts to get the best jobs that various industries in their data science functions are offering.

15 Latest Data Science And Analyst Jobs To Apply For

For this week’s latest data science job openings, we have come up with a curated list of job openings for data scientists and analysts.