Top Amazing Vue.js Open Source in 2019
For the past year, we’ve compared nearly 12,000 Vue.js open source projects and libraries to pick Top 45 (0.37% chance).
The projects and libraries are grouped into 3 categories
Open source projects can be useful for programmers. Give a plenty of time to play around with Vue.js open source projects you may have missed for the past year.
Vuetify: Material Component Framework for Vue.js 2 [v.1.0] [16672 stars on Github].
Weex-ui: A rich interaction, lightweight, high performance UI library based on Vue.js and Weex — Alibaba [4097 stars on Github].
Eagle.js: A hackable slideshow framework built with Vue.js [3343 stars on Github].
Vuesax: Frontend vue Components [2755 stars on Github].
Vue-ydui: A mobile components Library with Vue2.js. [Auto-translate from Chinese to English] [2308 stars on Github].
Vue-grid-layout: A draggable and resizable grid layout, for Vue.js. [2003 stars on Github].
Vue-virtual-scroller: Smooth scroll with any amount of data [1741 stars on Github].
Vue-content-loader: SVG component to create placeholder loading, like Facebook cards loading. [1345 stars on Github].
Mand-mobile: A mobile UI toolkit, based on Vue.js 2, designed for financial scenarios. [1391 stars on Github].
Vuikit: A responsive Vue UI library for web site interfaces [1293 stars on Github].
Vue-design-system v2.0: An open source tool for building UI Design Systems with Vue.js [1296 stars on Github].
Vue-styleguidist: Created from react styleguidist for Vue Components with a living style guide [1088 stars on Github].
Heyui: UI Toolkit for Web, Vue2.0 [934 stars on Github].
Vue2-animate v2.0: A Vue port of Animate.css. For use with Vue’s built-in transitions. [884 stars on Github].
Ui: UI components for official Vue organization apps [841 stars on Github].
Proppy: Functional props composition for UI components (supporting React.js & Vue.js) [792 stars on Github].
ZircleUI: A frontend library to develop zoomable user interfaces. Based on Vue.js [650 stars on Github].
Vue-overdrive: Super easy magic-move transitions for Vue apps ⚙️ [439 stars on Github].
Vue-argon-design-system: Vue Argon Design System [302 stars on Github].
Vue-cli: CLI for rapid Vue.js development [v.3.0] [18952 stars on Github].
Vue-devtools (v 4.0): Chrome devtools extension for debugging Vue.js applications. [12112 stars on Github].
Tiptap: A rich-text editor for Vue.js [2790 stars on Github].
Uni-app: A front-end framework for developing cross-platform applications using Vue.js. [Chinese -> English] [2276 stars on Github].
Vue-rx v6.0: RxJS integration for Vue.js. [2284 stars on Github].
Eros: A set of Vue code, native applications at both ends, maybe we can call us-native [Use auto translator] [1587 stars on Github].
Vue-wait: Complex Loader and Progress Management for Vue/Vuex and Nuxt Applications [1266 stars on Github].
Vue-starter: A flexible, scalable, opinionated boilerplate for production-ready PWAs with focus on performance, development speed, and best practices [1192 stars on Github].
Vue-hooks: Experimental React hooks implementation in Vue [1148 stars on Github].
Portal-vue: A Portal Component for Vuejs, for rendering DOM outside of a component, anywhere in the document. [1414 stars on Github].
Vue-fullpage.js: Official Vue.js wrapper for fullPage.js http://alvarotrigo.com/vue-fullpage/ [829 stars on Github].
Vue-api-query: Elegant and simple way to build requests for REST API [750 stars on Github].
Vuese: One-stop solution for vue component documentation [741 stars on Github].
Vuex-orm: The Vuex plugin to enable Object-Relational Mapping access to the Vuex Store. [724 stars on Github].
Vuex-pathify: Vue / Vuex plugin providing a unified path syntax to Vuex stores [651 stars on Github].
Vue-vr: A framework for building VR applications with Vue [147 stars on Github].
Vuepress: Minimalistic Vue-powered static site generator [11323 stars on Github].
Gridsome: Build blazing fast websites for any CMS or data with Vue.js [1902 stars on Github].
Vue-music-webapp: A Music WebApp based on the Vue. [1357 stars on Github].
Vue-realworld-example-app: An exemplary real-world application built with Vue.js, Vuex, axios and different other technologies. [1187 stars on Github].
Page-transitions-travelapp: Travel App, Native-like Page Transitions [1145 stars on Github].
Sample-vue-shop: A sample shop that shows how to manage payments with Vue, Stripe, and Serverless Functions [918 stars on Github].
Vuegg: Vue GUI generator. Mockups and code in one go [853 stars on Github].
Monimo: Netflix like web app for watching animes [230 stars on Github].
That’s it for Vue.js Open source in 2019
What are the differences? Do they each have specific use contexts?
What are the differences? Do they each have specific use contexts?
In this article we will discuss full details and comparison of both Ember.js and Vue.js
The use of a particular framework will decide how easy and fast it is to create the app. So, you must choose the best one suited for the app that you are planning to build. You must make a wise choice so that you benefit in the end. Among the crowded market, two of the frameworks stand out. We will make a comparison between Ember.js and Vue.js.Why Do You Select A Particular Framework?
Before we start comparing the two frameworks, we should understand the factors that lead to the choice of a framework. Each developer chooses a framework before he or she goes to work on an app. Let us see the reasons for the selection.
● The codes must be easy to understand and transparent.
● The framework should give the maximum power with the least amount of coding.
● The framework should provide a well laid out structure to work on.
● Does the framework support an in-built router or an external plug-in router?
● The framework should be able to transfer more data on a full page-load so that it becomes a single-page app. A single-page app is more beneficial for the application.
● In single page architectures if there is a need for users to share links to sub-screens within the interface, then the framework should have the capacity to route based on the URL.
● A tighter template option can help in enabling two-way binding.
● The framework should not conflict any third-party library.
● Testing the codes inside the framework should be easy.
● The framework should provide the HTTP client service for AJAX calls
● The documentation is essential. It should be complete and up-to-date.
● The framework should be compatible with the latest version of the browser.
● The framework has to fulfill the above conditions for easy construction of the app. You must ensure that the framework you choose meets the conditions.Vue.js Explained
Developers are always looking at new frameworks to build their apps. The main requirements are speed and low cost. The framework should be easy to use by even new developers. You should be able to use it at low cost. Other considerations are about simple coding, proper documentation, etc.
Vue.js combines a lot of good when it comes to software language for web app development. The architecture of Vue.js is easy to put in use. The apps developed using Vue.js are easy to integrate with new apps.
Vue.js is a very lightweight framework. It makes it fast to download. It is also much faster than other frameworks. The single-file component nature of the framework is also beneficial. The size has made it very popular.
You can further decrease weight. With Vue.js you can separate the template-to-virtual DOM and compiler. You can only deploy the minified and zipped interpreter which is only 12 KB. You can compile the templates in your machine.
Vue.js also integrates easily with other front-end libraries. You can plug in another library and make up for any deficiency in this framework. This feature makes this tool a versatile one.
Vue.js uses the method of rendering on the streaming-side server. You can render your component and get a readable stream. You can then send this to the HTTP server. It makes the server highly responsive. Your users will get the rendered content very quickly.
Vue.js is very SEO friendly. As the framework supports server-side rendering, the views are rendered directly on the server. The search engines list these.
But the most important thing for you is the ease with which you can learn Vue.js. The structure is elementary. Even new developers will find it easy to use it to build their apps. This framework helps in developing both small and large templates. It helps to save a lot of time.
You can go back and check your errors very easily. You can travel back and inspect all the states apart from testing your components. It is another important feature as far as any developer is concerned.
● Vue.js has pure architecture. It helps in integration with other apps
● Vue.js is lightweight and fast. It can be made lighter by deploying only the interpreter
● You can separate the compiler and the template-to-virtual DOM.
● Due to smooth integration, you can use this to make changes to existing apps
● To make up for any shortfall, you can plug-in any library and makeup.
● As Vue.js uses streaming-side server rendering, your users can get quick responses.
● The server-side rendering also helps in being ranked higher by search engines.
● It has a simple structure. Easy to use for any new developer
● You can go back and check and correct your errors.
● You can check all the existing states.
● Detail documentation also helps build the web page or application very quickly.Ember.js Decoded
Ember.js is an MVVM model framework. It is open-source software. This platform is mostly used for creating complex multi-page applications. It maintains up-to-date features without discarding any of the old features.
With this framework, you have to follow the architecture of the framework strictly. The JS framework is very tightly organized. It reduces the flexibility that other frameworks might offer.
There is a very refined and developed control system for its platforms and tools. You can integrate it with the new version with the tools provided. There is strict guidance about avoiding outdated APIs.
You can understand Ember’s APIs easily. They are also easy to work. You can make use of highly complex functionalities simply and straightforwardly.
The performance is better as similar jobs are processed together. It creates batches of similar bindings and DOM updates to improve the performance. It means that the browser needs to process them in one go. It will avoid recomputing for each task, wasting a lot of time.
You can write the codes in a simple manner and modules. You can use any of Ember’s APIs. It is possible due to the presence of Promises everywhere.
Ember comes with a well-written guide. The API is recorded in a useful manner. It is a front-end framework that is loaded. Ember has a router, pipeline, services, etc. of its own.
The basis for views, controllers, models, and framework is the Ember Object Model. All components come from the same objects. The framework is firm and steady. The reason is that all elements have similar jobs and characteristics.
Ember has made the general application, organization, and structure clear so that you don’t make any mistakes. You will have no chance to complicate the application unnecessarily. If you have to go out of the defined limits, you will have to force your way out.
The language used for templating in Embers is Handlebars. This language helps Embers to keep its logic out of view. The clean syntax of Handlebars makes it easy for you to read and understand the templates. Handlebar templates are faster to load.
Another advantage you gain from Handlebar is that you don’t have to update your template every time you add or remove data from the page. It will be done automatically by the language itself.
A community that is continually improving the framework supports Ember. They are updating the framework with the latest technology. They also make sure that backward compatibility is possible.
● Ember.js is an open-source MVVM model framework suitable for complex multiple-page applications.
● It offers both the latest and old features.
● It has a very tightly structured framework which doesn’t offer much flexibility
● A very refined control system helps you to integrate with new versions without any problem.
● There is strict guidance about avoiding outdated API versions.
● Ember’s APIs help you to use complex functionalities in a simple manner
● There is no recomputing for each task as the framework allows the browser to do similar functions together.
● Promises allow you to write modular and straightforward code using any API of Ember.js.
● Ember.js is a fully loaded, front-end framework.
● The framework is stable because all components have the same functionalities and properties.
● It has well-defined limitations which will prevent your complicating your application
● Handlebars, the language used by Ember.js allows you to read and understand templates easily. It also helps to load the templates faster.
● Handlebars will ensure to update the template every time you add or remove data.
● Ember.js has an active community that updates the framework regularly and facilitates backward compatibility.A Comparison Between Ember.js And Vue.js
This article intends to compare the features of both frameworks. Let us see how the characteristics of these frameworks compare. It will help you to make use of the right framework for your web application.
When you need a modern engine for an old application, it is Vue.js which will help you. It combines the best properties of other frameworks. Vue.js is a developing framework. A ready-to-use library of interface elements does not exist. However, many third-party libraries can help you.
Ember.js offers you a well-organized and trustworthy framework. When the development team is big, this is the framework that suits best. It allows everyone to understand the written code and contribute to a common project. The technology will be up-to-date, and the platform will be stable.
Vue.js can help you use the syntax of different kinds. It helps in writing the codes with ease. It is also an SEO friendly framework. Ember is a fully loaded front-end framework and can help you develop the applications very fast. But it is not suitable for developing small projects.
It is not easy to say this is better than that. It will depend on what kind of project you have undertaken. Both have their pluses and minuses. The below table will help in a better comparison.Final Thoughts
It is not easy to conclude as to which is better. It all depends on the application that you want to develop. Both frameworks are developing. Both are getting updates. Both the communities are working on the frameworks.
While Vue.js is more comfortable for writing codes, Ember is a full-stack framework allowing the development of apps very fast. It is suitable for big projects. It is too complicated to be used for smaller projects.
We hope you had a great time reading this article. If you’ve any questions or suggestions related to this blog, then feel free to ask them in the comment section. Thank You.!